How to Use a Sentry Parking Meter
Sentry Parking Meter Tips & General Information
- Ensure your vehicle is parked within the designated lines of the parking space. Parking outside of the designated parking space area may result in loss of payment.
- Moving your vehicle after you have made payment to any Sentry parking meter may result in loss of payment.
- Sentry parking meters will display parking rates, parking enforcement schedules, and acceptable forms of payment, each of which vary by location.
- Sentry parking meters will only accept payment up to the maximum time allowed. The meter will reject any attempted payment after the maximum time limit has been purchased.
- Some municipalities may provide a short “grace period” at the beginning and/or end of each parking session to allow for short stays or to apply payment to the meter. Grace periods are displayed in minutes on the Sentry parking meter LED touch screen upon arrival of your vehicle.
- Report any suspicious or erroneous Sentry parking meter behavior to our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Purchase Time at a Sentry Parking Meter
- Touch the Sentry parking meter LED touch screen or press the “Start” button located below the meter screen to “awaken” the meter from idle mode. Please note that some municipalities may require parking space selection to be made prior to accepting payment.
- Touch the coin icon to pay by coin. *Acceptable coins vary by location and are displayed on the Sentry parking meter LED touch screen.
- Insert each coin into the coin slot located below the meter’s LED touch screen. *Coins may be returned through the coin return slot if the coin is significantly damaged (i.e. dirty/gunky, defaced, bent, scratched, etc.). *Coins may not be returned once they have been accepted and deposited into the coin canister. *Time will not be granted for any non-acceptable forms of payment. Rejected coins will be returned through the coin return slot.
- Select which parking space to apply your payment to. Parking space numbers are displayed at the top of the meter screen below the local time, as well as on the meter enclosure. *Failure to apply payment to either parking space after payment has been inserted may result in loss of payment.
Debit/Credit Card Payment
- The minimum purchase amount for all debit/credit card transactions is $1.00.
- Touch the “+” or “−“ buttons on the meter’s LED touch screen to adjust how much time you’d like to purchase.
- Press the “Accept” button to complete your transaction.
- If you have not already done so, insert your debit or credit card into the designated card reader located beneath the meter’s LED touch screen (magstripe on the right side facing downwards for downward angled card readers – or – magstripe facing outward to the right for upright facing card readers). Ensure the card is inserted all the way. The card should stop at the back of the card reader. Remove the card in one fluid motion. If the card reader was unable to read the magstripe on your card, you may be prompted to re-swipe your debit or credit card. *Debit and credit cards must be in good condition to ensure payment viability (i.e. no scratches, bends, or significant aesthetic damage to the magstripe or card itself).
- Verify that the time purchased is displayed accordingly. *Failure to apply payment to either parking space after payment has been inserted may result in loss of payment.